We invite you to join X-Photographer Mohamed Hakem on a photo trip and astro-photography workshop to Wadi El Rayan Desert on Friday 26th August, returning on Saturday 27th August. This workshop is limited to 10 participants who will be chosen according to a submitted portfolio of photographs, and who have not attended one of our previous three photo trips.
Registration is now closed.
The itinerary of the photo trip:
- Meet at 8:00AM on Friday 26th August.
- We will arrive at Tunis village (famous for pottery) at a very nice restaurant called Ibis and have Egyptian breakfast.
- We will spend some time there as the place has beautiful landscapes and a pottery workshop.
- We will move by 3:00PM by 4×4 to Wadi El Rayan Desert.
- We will stop by some famous spots and scenarios along the way.
- We will reach our camp site before sunset to take some pictures.
- Dinner (BBQ Chicken and Kofta)
- We will begin our night sky workshop.
- Breakfast by sunrise.
- We will start moving back to the bus and reach Cairo again on Saturday the 27th at around 12:00PM.
- Amazing facts about space
- An Intro course about how the space objects move
- How to observe and what to expect
- How to shoot and why Fujifilm cameras are an excellent choice for this kind of photography
- All about Light pollution
- Step by Step workshop on how to capture the night sky
- Mohamed will help from start to finish with any photography tips
About Mohamed Hakem
I am an Egyptian Landscape and Travel photographer. My style of photography is to indulge the viewer in the essence of the place not only by capturing the beautiful sceneries but the by capturing the emotions and feelings. I prefer a photo series kind of shots that makes you part of the journey. I capture honest moments candidly and quietly; you will barely notice I was there.
I am also an Electrical Engineer who lives in Egypt and travels a lot.
Photography allowed me to see the beauty in everything, made me seek the good in the absolute bad.
More from Mohamed Hakem
We invite you to join X-Photographer Mohamed Hakem on a photo trip and astro-photography workshop to the White Desert on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th July.