The Nile – River of Life 2022 Gallery Exhibition Terms and Conditions
Fujifilm Middle East is proud to announce the call for entries for our 2022 exhibition in Cairo titled “The Nile, River of Life”. We will exhibit the best 40 images following this theme, shot using any DSLR or mirrorless camera (only mobile phone cameras are not allowed), as chosen by our panel of judges. The exhibition will take place at Consoleya on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th October 2022. Submission of images is free.
If you are interested in participating, please revert to us by emailing the below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Full Name & Nationality
- Contact Mobile Number
- Instagram Handle (For tagging and social publicity)
- Attach the images (Maximum of 3 images per photographer)
- Release form signed by any person who is recognizable in the photograph (the release form can be downloaded here)
- Image title & brief description (Description must not exceed 3 sentences)
- Camera & Lens Used for Photography
- Photographs captured with any DSLR or mirrorless camera will be accepted (only mobile phone cameras are not allowed).
- The submitted photograph must be captured by the participant himself/herself.
- Only photographs captured within the boundaries of Egypt that relate to the theme will be entertained.
- A signed release form must be submitted for any person who is recognizable in the photograph (the release form can be downloaded here)
- The image must be in high quality JPG format (300 dpi), 5:7 or 7:5 ratio and not be less than 3MB in file size.
- Composite photos or images with added elements such as decorative borders, logos, copyright marks, time, date or signature of the photographer will be rejected.
- Basic editing including color enhancement, use of filters and cropping of the image is acceptable, provided such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photograph.
- Images must not violate the standards of decency and should not contain any derogatory expressions or symbols.
- The entries are limited to the residents of Egypt.
- Every image submitted is subject to a moderation process by our judging panel.
- Submissions received after the expiry of deadline date will not be accepted. Submission Deadline: 12:00 Midnight @ Monday, 10th October 2022.
- A panel of officials from Fujifilm including Fujifilm X-Photographers will be judging and shortlisting the entries.
- The panel shall assess, short-list and finalize the images for display at the gallery based on various criteria including, but not limited to
- Adherence to Theme
- Clarity of Expression
- Creativity & Artistic Merit
- Current or potential Social impact
- Innovation in Message Delivery
- Inspiration Factor
- Originality of the Subject
- Quality of Entertainment
- Technique applied (Color, Lighting, Exposure and Focus)
- Visual Appeal
- The photographers will be directly contacted either by Fujifilm Middle East if his/her image(s) are qualified for display at the gallery.
- Fujifilm Middle East reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted photograph at our own discretion.
- The decision of our judging panel will be final and binding on all participants in respect to all matters relating to the selection process.
- Decisions regarding prize winners are final and unappealable.
- Winners will be announced on the evening of Saturday 29th October 2022.
Fujifilm Middle East reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Submitted image(s) must be original, created and/or taken by the photographer. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Fujifilm Middle East respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Fujifilm Middle East the entire rights and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, print, broadcast in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the activity, brand name, image, the photographer for editorial and/or educative purposes.
- While we attempt to mention, tag and/or credit the photographer for the image wherever and whenever applicable, it cannot be guaranteed to be implemented due to situational limitations.
- Fujifilm Middle East will not be responsible or liable for any late submission of entries.
- Fujifilm Middle East reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, postpone or suspend the gallery exhibition project as deemed appropriate.
- Fujifilm Middle East shall decide, manage and execute the printing, mounting, framing and installation of selected photographs at the venue.
- As a token of gratitude, the photographs will be returned to respective photographers after the end of the gallery exhibition.